Q: How to apply ?
A: To apply, the photographer must first complete the online application form. The application file must then be sent by email via WeTansfer in a single PDF including :
- The completed application form and the signed and initialed rules: DOWNLOAD HERE
- A written biography with a CV (3 pages maximum)
- A portfolio of 40 dated and captioned images summarizing the photographic career (the photographs must be integrated into PDF files). The selection must be accompanied by a short text of presentation of the whole and/or a short text by series of photographs.
- A note of intention motivating the candidature by justifying the utility of this endowment to prolong its work (3 pages maximum)
- A copy of the identity document attesting the age of the candidate.
Q: What does “professional photographer still in activity” mean?
A: Candidates must be professional photographers, having lived from photography for most of their career (personal projects, commissions, teaching). All professional statuses are accepted (author, artist, employee, self-employed,…). Applications are not open to amateur photographers.
Q: Which nationality and place of residence to apply?
A: The candidate must be of European nationality (European Community, including Switzerland and UK). Non-European photographers living in France are not eligible. He or she may reside outside Europe at the time of application and have spent all or part of his or her career outside Europe.
Q: Which photographic genre is open to the Prix Viviane Esders ?
A: Applications are open to all photographers and artists who have made photography the focus of their careers. The prize favors authorial works, documentary and plastic approaches. The Prix Viviane Esders is not open to entries that focus on commercial practice.
Q: I’m not 60 yet, is it possible to apply this year?
A: The candidate must be at least 60 years old in the calendar year of the application.
Q: In what form should I send my application?
A: The application must be sent by We Transfer in a SINGLE PDF file (signed rules, note of intent, photographs, etc.) not exceeding 50 megas, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Where can I find the rules of the Prix Viviane Esders?
A: The rules and the application file are available on this link: prixvivianeesders2023
Q: Can I be part of an agency, a collective or a gallery?
A: The candidate must not be represented by an agency or a collective in the year of application. He or she may be represented by a gallery, noting that a gallery may recommend only one of its artists.
The candidate’s work may be part of a public or private collection.
Q: How many photographs should my application contain?
A: Applications must include a specific number of 40 photographs, so as to allow the jury to see the candidate’s entire career.
Q: Can I apply a second time?
A: Candidates may reapply from one year to the next.